Re: [SCA Newcomers] sca persona and name

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2009
      On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 02:07 -0700, jessica sorenson wrote:
      > I have heard this before as well, which is why after 5 years I am
      > still not
      > an official member. I also have received a lot of attitude about my
      > Romi
      > persona because some people believe it should only be high society
      > european
      > personas that you would actually find in royal court.

      Piffle on them! I'm not sure which kingdom you are from, but here in the
      Middle Kingdom we have a fair number of peers of the realm whose
      personae would not be allowed into royal court in the historical middle
      ages. I myself am a Pelican, but my persona is a traveling tinker who
      just happened to have helped fix the imperial sewers once, and got a
      title because His Imperial Majesty was feeling magnanimous that day. I'm
      not Romi, but I do wear boots, which in Byzantium was certainly a mark
      of one being from the lower classes.

      This is all just a game. Sometimes, unfortunately, people forget that.

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/