yet another question

  • lil420pixie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2009
      i have noticed that there are different smaller 'chapters" under the kingdom, but what are the other types..i know of baronies, and shires. Is there a list somewhere?
    • Coblaith Muimnech
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2009
        lil420pixie wrote:
        > i have noticed that there are different smaller 'chapters" under the
        > kingdom, but what are the other types..i know of baronies, and shires.
        > Is there a list somewhere?

        Certainly! The official list is in Corpora, part III.C.

        In case you don't know, Corpora is one of the Governing Documents of
        the S.C.A., which can be downloaded at <http://sca.org/docs/>. If you
        haven't looked at the Governing Documents, you should. Every new
        member ought at least to be familiar with the introduction, which is
        where the official explanation of what the S.C.A. is can be found.

        Coblaith Muimnech
        Barony of Bryn Gwlad
        Kingdom of Ansteorra
        <mailto:Coblaith@...>
      • lil420pixie
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2009
          thanks wasn't aware of that doc..will definately read it tomorrow morning.

          Avri

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Muimnech <Coblaith@...> wrote:

          > lil420pixie wrote:
          > > i have noticed that there are different smaller 'chapters" under the
          > > kingdom, but what are the other types..i know of baronies, and shires.
          > > Is there a list somewhere?
          >
          > Certainly! The official list is in Corpora, part III.C.
          >
          > In case you don't know, Corpora is one of the Governing Documents of
          > the S.C.A., which can be downloaded at <http://sca.org/docs/>. If you
          > haven't looked at the Governing Documents, you should. Every new
          > member ought at least to be familiar with the introduction, which is
          > where the official explanation of what the S.C.A. is can be found.
          >

          > Coblaith Muimnech
          > Barony of Bryn Gwlad
          > Kingdom of Ansteorra
          > <mailto:Coblaith@...>

        • jennifer Meyer
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2009
            In Northshield, there are shires, baronies, etc... To be a barony you need a certain number of members. I come from the shire of Silfren-Mere. (Rochester and SE MN area) While I think we may have enough members on roster to be a barony, we don't have enough active members that help out at events, and attend meetings and such

            There is a list of the different populaces in the area. Just play around with the different tabs, and you are sure to stumble across it.

            "Normal is a setting on a dryer"