RE: [SCA Newcomers] Spring Coronation

  • Paul Zsoka
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
      There? Where is there?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of lil420pixie
      Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:12 PM
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Spring Coronation

      Anyone know what types of classes will be held there? is there a list
      with the scheduled classes?

    • Maria Buchanan
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
        lilpixie -
        So you know, this list encompasses the Entire Known World.
        Please give us an idea what Kingdom you are in and we'd be able to answer your question a little easier.
        Lady Maria

        Anyone know what types of classes will be held there? is there a list with the scheduled classes?

      • Kyla
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
          Hello Ye Of No Name,

          Go to the SCA website:
          http://www.sca.org/
          Find the kingdom you are in, and look at the calendar for that kingdom.
          If you are lucky, there will be a link to a website for that event - follow
          it.
          If you are even luckier, the website will include the information you want.

          Good luck!

          Tabitha Pennywarden
          Ravenslake, Midlands
          Middle Kingdom

          P. S. The reason I sign my name the way I do, is so you don't have to guess
          where I'm from, and so you know how advice/suggestions from me will be
          skewed - i. e. by Midrealm standards.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
            Ah man sorry I can't believe I forgot the info. i had already gone to the ScA site and looked up the page but there is no info there on the classes being held. this is for the Spring coronation in the Kingdom of northshield.

            Avri (my keyboard is dieing sorry for the no caps)

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Kyla" <skycat@...> wrote:

            > Hello Ye Of No Name,
            >
            > Go to the SCA website:
            > http://www.sca.org/
            > Find the kingdom you are in, and look at the calendar for that kingdom.
            > If you are lucky, there will be a link to a website for that event - follow
            > it.
            > If you are even luckier, the website will include the information you want.
            >
            > Good luck!
            >
            > Tabitha Pennywarden
            > Ravenslake, Midlands
            > Middle Kingdom
            >
            > P. S. The reason I sign my name the way I do, is so you don't have to guess
            > where I'm from, and so you know how advice/suggestions from me will be
            > skewed - i. e. by Midrealm standards.

          • Kyla
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
              OK, with the info you gave me: Spring Coronation in Northshield, I followed
              the links to find the info you requested.
              Unfortunately for you, the website doesn't list the info you want on
              classes; whether there will be any, and what schedule they might have if
              there are any.

              The only thing left is to contact the event autocrat. Unfortunately, that
              info is also not available from that website.
              So the next thing would be to contact the primary contact for the Barony of
              Jararvellir, who does list his info on the Jararvellir website:
              Primary Contact: John Beebe
              (Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky)
              Postal Address: Address Hidden
              Phone: (608) 628-0103 No phone calls after 9:30 PM
              Email: rezansky@...

              Whether or not this person has any of the info you are requesting, they
              should know who to refer you to, so your question should get answered.
              I suggest to you that you point out in your contact with this person, that
              you would not have to bother them if the info regarding both autocrats and
              class schedules was available on the website for this event.

              Again, good luck,

              Tabitha Pennywarden
              Ravenslake, Midlands
              Middle Kingdom

              Ah man sorry I can't believe I forgot the info. i had already gone to the
              ScA site and looked up the page but there is no info there on the classes
              being held. this is for the Spring coronation in the Kingdom of northshield.

              Avri (my keyboard is dieing sorry for the no caps)

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Kyla" <skycat@...> wrote:

              > Hello Ye Of No Name,
              >
              > Go to the SCA website:
              > http://www.sca.org/
              > Find the kingdom you are in, and look at the calendar for that kingdom.
              > If you are lucky, there will be a link to a website for that event -
              follow
              > it.
              > If you are even luckier, the website will include the information you
              want.

              > Good luck!
              >
              > Tabitha Pennywarden
              > Ravenslake, Midlands
              > Middle Kingdom
              >
              > P. S. The reason I sign my name the way I do, is so you don't have to
              guess
              > where I'm from, and so you know how advice/suggestions from me will be
              > skewed - i. e. by Midrealm standards.

            • Maria Buchanan
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
                Ok.  I went to the Northshield web site.  I clicked on the event list, then went to spring coronation.  If you click on the Spring Coronation link, it brings you to the Barony of Jararvellir web site and the event information is on there.  Looking at the event staff I do not see anyone acting as a class coordinator.  So I would suggest you click on the email links for one of the Autocrats and send them a message asking about classes.

                So you know, I've rarely seen classes at a coronation.  Many get-togethers but not classes.  That could be an Ansteorra thing.  As Tabitha said, my information is probably going to be skewed to the Kingdom I live in, which is Ansteorra.

                Lady Maria
                Kingdom of Ansteorra
                Shire of Gate's Edge
                Ansteorran Longship Co.

                Ah man sorry I can't believe I forgot the info. i had already gone to the ScA site and looked up the page but there is no info there on the classes being held. this is for the Spring coronation in the Kingdom of northshield.

                Avri (my keyboard is dieing sorry for the no caps)

                --- In scanewcomers@ yahoogroups. com, "Kyla" <skycat@...> wrote:

                > Hello Ye Of No Name,

                > Go to the SCA website:

                > http://www.sca org/

                > Find the kingdom you are in, and look at the calendar for that kingdom.

                > If you are lucky, there will be a link to a website for that event - follow

                > it.

                > If you are even luckier, the website will include the information you want.

                > Good luck!

                > Tabitha Pennywarden

                > Ravenslake, Midlands

                > Middle Kingdom

                > P. S. The reason I sign my name the way I do, is so you don't have to guess

                > where I'm from, and so you know how advice/suggestions from me will be

                > skewed - i. e. by Midrealm standards.

              • lil420pixie
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
                  Thanks for the responses. i sent an email to the autocrat to see if there will be any classes. i can't eat food so it would be pointless to attend the feast but what to know what else will be going on to see if i should go.
                  Thanks again.

                  Avri