Re: Not even a newbie yet...

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jul 20, 2001
      Where in Colorado are you?<br>I'm sure there are
      other functions you can go to other than Meetings
      (practices, Guild meetings, etc).<br>Also membership is only
      manditory to hold branch offices, become King, Queen,
      Prince, Princess, etc. I am sure there are a few other
      functions that require membership, but for the most part
      you can play in the SCA without being a paid member.
      Membership generally gets you a newsletter (which is a
      really nice thing as it has advertisements for events
      with directions, etc.) and sometimes gets you a cut
      rate on Gate fees. Plus you also have a waiver on file
      then (which saves you from having to fill out one
      every time you go to an event.<br>Membership is nice,
      and helpful (and worth it), but not actually
      necissary to play.<br><br>Get back to me with your location
      and I'll hunt down some contact info for
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003