RE: [SCA Newcomers] Speaking of....

  • christopher chastain
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
      Rohesia I forwarded your email message to Mistress Maeva to see if she knows anyone in Atlantia that can assist you.

      Yours in Humble Service,
      Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
      Shire of Castlemere
      Kingdom of Trimaris
    • George Oakes
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
        You know that once a Trimarian, Always a Trimarian?

        I urge you to keep trying your local group, contact the senschal or
        hospitaller if your not getting anywhere. It could be that there is
        no real big interest in your area. And that is entirely possible. One
        thing I can tell you is there is always a need for Scribes to make
        scrolls and things for court. make a plea to the local barons and
        baronesses' they always need scrolls. How about just making some for
        them to keep handy, then at the next event when they run out of
        scrolls they will have yours to fall back on?

        And this is just the Trimarian in me speaking now, why not continue
        to work with your friends down here? I am sure they wont mind helping
        you via long distance??? I know our group can always use scrolls no
        matter who makes them or where they live!

        Dont get discouraged, see out the other local groups in Atlantia,
        until someone responds! Get a hold of some fighters too, they have
        ties to the crown (especially the belted ones) tell them of your
        plight and that you want to make scrolls for awards and that you have
        reached an empass. I am sure the thought of a lack of award scrolls
        will get those pesky fighters moving :)

        LOL

        Good Luck, and I hope you find a group to be productive with!

        Vivat Trimaris!

        Gavine Kincaid
        Marcaster Hospitaller
        Man-at-Arms to
        Syr Takamatsu Sadamitsu no kami Tadayoshi
        Trimaris, kingdom of

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <sandra.rangel16@...>
        wrote:

        > Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having
        my
        > own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in
        the
        > scribal world in Atlantia as far as the information I have been
        able to
        > obtain. I have emailed and asked my local shire for contacts. I
        keep
        > reaching dead-ends and I can't seem to find anyone who scribes in
        this
        > Kingdom. I hope that someone on here may be able to provide me with
        > good POC for Atlantia. I moved from Trimaris recently and started
        my
        > scribal hobby/addiction down there. I loved it and want to continue
        it
        > here- if I can just find out what I can do in Atlantia. I have
        found
        > handouts and worksheets gallore but as far as getting
        > started/assignments I need a POC.
        >
        > YIS,
        >
        > Rohesia

      • Traci Earhart
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
          There is a SCA yahoo group specifically for scribal stuff.  You could join that group and they might be able to help you find your POC.

          YIS
          Fortune

          Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having my
          own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in the
          scribal world in Atlantia as far as the information I have been able to
          obtain. I have emailed and asked my local shire for contacts. I keep
          reaching dead-ends and I can't seem to find anyone who scribes in this
          Kingdom. I hope that someone on here may be able to provide me with a
          good POC for Atlantia. I moved from Trimaris recently and started my
          scribal hobby/addiction down there. I loved it and want to continue it
          here- if I can just find out what I can do in Atlantia. I have found
          handouts and worksheets gallore but as far as getting
          started/assignments I need a POC.

          YIS,

          Rohesia

        • Finnseach de Locheil/Judith Winner
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
            Sandra wrote:
            > Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having my
            > own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in the
            > scribal world in Atlantia [...]

            Not sure of Atlantia, but one place to ask is the SCA C&I list on yahoo...

            SCA_Scribes_and_Illumination-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            There is also a non-yahoo group "Scribes"
            <http://www.castle.org/mailman/listinfo/scribes> for information.

            Finnseach
            ("former" scribe for the Midrealm)
            --
            "I'm buying this fleece/fiber now in case I have an emergency... you
            know, sickness, flood, injury, mosquito infestations, not enough
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
              Thank you for your suggestions.. I really have been mind boggled why I
              haven't been able to find anyone.. I went to the Kingdom page and
              emailed the signet months before I moved here and still no word...
              there is only one email contact there. I also tried
              the "atlantiannewcomers" page before using this list as a last resort.
              I just keep hearing crickets... I am trying to get started with heavy
              fighting and know a lot of fighters now.. I will also put out thw word
              with them that "I want to scribe" that should perk someone's ears. But
              I am persistant as they come.. I didn't think to try the SCA Illum page
              so I will put a shout out there.

              I definately could keep scribing for Trimaris. I did start an A&S50
              challenge way before I knew I was moving. I decided to make my
              challange 50 scrolls all of which are Trimarian, either Kingdom or
              Barony.

              YIS,

              ~Rohesia
              Former Trimarian now residing in the farthest South reach of Atlantia
              (aka Augusta)
            • Susan Farmer
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                Quoting Sandra <sandra.rangel16@...>:

                *snippage*

                > YIS,
                >
                > ~Rohesia
                > Former Trimarian now residing in the farthest South reach of Atlantia
                > (aka Augusta)

                planting tongue firmly in cheek ... You could always come and play
                with us in Meridies. There are some groups not too far away from
                where you are! :-)

                jerusha
                -----
                Susan Farmer
                sfarmer@...
                Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
                Division of Science and Math
              • Cailin Mac Kinnach
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                  Wow. that's really too bad. Up here in the Roanoke Virginia Area, (Black
                  Diamond) There's a couple of really active scribe groups,that meet weekly
                  and turn out amazing stuff. If you're absolutely needing some atlantian
                  scribal info, I can pass your email on to them, if you like.

                  On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@...> wrote:

                  > Quoting Sandra <sandra.rangel16@... <sandra.rangel16%40yahoo.com>
                  > >:
                  >
                  > *snippage*
                  >

                  > > YIS,
                  > >
                  > > ~Rohesia
                  > > Former Trimarian now residing in the farthest South reach of Atlantia
                  > > (aka Augusta)
                  > >

                  > planting tongue firmly in cheek ... You could always come and play
                  > with us in Meridies. There are some groups not too far away from
                  > where you are! :-)
                  >
                  > jerusha
                  > -----
                  > Susan Farmer
                  > sfarmer@... <sfarmer%40goldsword.com>
                  > Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
                  > Division of Science and Math

                • David Roland
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 27, 2009
                    If your local group doesn't respond go up the line.

                    Call/e-mail the regional.

                    If that doesn't work, go to Kingdom.

                    They folks know the people and may know if the contact info is out of
                    date or some such.

                    Just remember that you can get a hold of any officer and they should
                    be able to help you at least a little. I've had to do this for my
                    newcomers that moved to another state.

                    Ian the Green

                    --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "George Oakes"