Speaking of....

  • Sandra
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
      Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having my
      own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in the
      scribal world in Atlantia as far as the information I have been able to
      obtain. I have emailed and asked my local shire for contacts. I keep
      reaching dead-ends and I can't seem to find anyone who scribes in this
      Kingdom. I hope that someone on here may be able to provide me with a
      good POC for Atlantia. I moved from Trimaris recently and started my
      scribal hobby/addiction down there. I loved it and want to continue it
      here- if I can just find out what I can do in Atlantia. I have found
      handouts and worksheets gallore but as far as getting
      started/assignments I need a POC.

      YIS,

      Rohesia
    • christopher chastain
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
        Rohesia I forwarded your email message to Mistress Maeva to see if she knows anyone in Atlantia that can assist you.

        Yours in Humble Service,
        Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
        Shire of Castlemere
        Kingdom of Trimaris
      • George Oakes
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
          You know that once a Trimarian, Always a Trimarian?

          I urge you to keep trying your local group, contact the senschal or
          hospitaller if your not getting anywhere. It could be that there is
          no real big interest in your area. And that is entirely possible. One
          thing I can tell you is there is always a need for Scribes to make
          scrolls and things for court. make a plea to the local barons and
          baronesses' they always need scrolls. How about just making some for
          them to keep handy, then at the next event when they run out of
          scrolls they will have yours to fall back on?

          And this is just the Trimarian in me speaking now, why not continue
          to work with your friends down here? I am sure they wont mind helping
          you via long distance??? I know our group can always use scrolls no
          matter who makes them or where they live!

          Dont get discouraged, see out the other local groups in Atlantia,
          until someone responds! Get a hold of some fighters too, they have
          ties to the crown (especially the belted ones) tell them of your
          plight and that you want to make scrolls for awards and that you have
          reached an empass. I am sure the thought of a lack of award scrolls
          will get those pesky fighters moving :)

          LOL

          Good Luck, and I hope you find a group to be productive with!

          Vivat Trimaris!

          Gavine Kincaid
          Marcaster Hospitaller
          Man-at-Arms to
          Syr Takamatsu Sadamitsu no kami Tadayoshi
          Trimaris, kingdom of

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <sandra.rangel16@...>
          wrote:

          > Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having
          my
          > own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in
          the
          > scribal world in Atlantia as far as the information I have been
          able to
          > obtain. I have emailed and asked my local shire for contacts. I
          keep
          > reaching dead-ends and I can't seem to find anyone who scribes in
          this
          > Kingdom. I hope that someone on here may be able to provide me with
          > good POC for Atlantia. I moved from Trimaris recently and started
          my
          > scribal hobby/addiction down there. I loved it and want to continue
          it
          > here- if I can just find out what I can do in Atlantia. I have
          found
          > handouts and worksheets gallore but as far as getting
          > started/assignments I need a POC.
          >
          > YIS,
          >
          > Rohesia

        • Traci Earhart
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
            There is a SCA yahoo group specifically for scribal stuff.  You could join that group and they might be able to help you find your POC.

            YIS
            Fortune

            Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having my
            own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in the
            scribal world in Atlantia as far as the information I have been able to
            obtain. I have emailed and asked my local shire for contacts. I keep
            reaching dead-ends and I can't seem to find anyone who scribes in this
            Kingdom. I hope that someone on here may be able to provide me with a
            good POC for Atlantia. I moved from Trimaris recently and started my
            scribal hobby/addiction down there. I loved it and want to continue it
            here- if I can just find out what I can do in Atlantia. I have found
            handouts and worksheets gallore but as far as getting
            started/assignments I need a POC.

            YIS,

            Rohesia

          • Finnseach de Locheil/Judith Winner
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
              Sandra wrote:
              > Sort of along the lines of what Jim is frustrated with. I am having my
              > own... I have attempted contact with various people and groups in the
              > scribal world in Atlantia [...]

              Not sure of Atlantia, but one place to ask is the SCA C&I list on yahoo...

              SCA_Scribes_and_Illumination-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              There is also a non-yahoo group "Scribes"
              <http://www.castle.org/mailman/listinfo/scribes> for information.

              Finnseach
              ("former" scribe for the Midrealm)
              --
              "I'm buying this fleece/fiber now in case I have an emergency... you
              know, sickness, flood, injury, mosquito infestations, not enough
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                Thank you for your suggestions.. I really have been mind boggled why I
                haven't been able to find anyone.. I went to the Kingdom page and
                emailed the signet months before I moved here and still no word...
                there is only one email contact there. I also tried
                the "atlantiannewcomers" page before using this list as a last resort.
                I just keep hearing crickets... I am trying to get started with heavy
                fighting and know a lot of fighters now.. I will also put out thw word
                with them that "I want to scribe" that should perk someone's ears. But
                I am persistant as they come.. I didn't think to try the SCA Illum page
                so I will put a shout out there.

                I definately could keep scribing for Trimaris. I did start an A&S50
                challenge way before I knew I was moving. I decided to make my
                challange 50 scrolls all of which are Trimarian, either Kingdom or
                Barony.

                YIS,

                ~Rohesia
                Former Trimarian now residing in the farthest South reach of Atlantia
                (aka Augusta)
              • Susan Farmer
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                  Quoting Sandra <sandra.rangel16@...>:

                  *snippage*

                  > YIS,
                  >
                  > ~Rohesia
                  > Former Trimarian now residing in the farthest South reach of Atlantia
                  > (aka Augusta)

                  planting tongue firmly in cheek ... You could always come and play
                  with us in Meridies. There are some groups not too far away from
                  where you are! :-)

                  jerusha
                  -----
                  Susan Farmer
                  sfarmer@...
                  Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
                  Division of Science and Math
                • Cailin Mac Kinnach
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
                    Wow. that's really too bad. Up here in the Roanoke Virginia Area, (Black
                    Diamond) There's a couple of really active scribe groups,that meet weekly
                    and turn out amazing stuff. If you're absolutely needing some atlantian
                    scribal info, I can pass your email on to them, if you like.

                    On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@...> wrote:

                    > Quoting Sandra <sandra.rangel16@... <sandra.rangel16%40yahoo.com>
                    > >:
                    >
                    > *snippage*
                    >

                    > > YIS,
                    > >
                    > > ~Rohesia
                    > > Former Trimarian now residing in the farthest South reach of Atlantia
                    > > (aka Augusta)
                    > >

                    > planting tongue firmly in cheek ... You could always come and play
                    > with us in Meridies. There are some groups not too far away from
                    > where you are! :-)
                    >
                    > jerusha
                    > -----
                    > Susan Farmer
                    > sfarmer@... <sfarmer%40goldsword.com>
                    > Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
                    > Division of Science and Math

                  • David Roland
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 27, 2009
                      If your local group doesn't respond go up the line.

                      Call/e-mail the regional.

                      If that doesn't work, go to Kingdom.

                      They folks know the people and may know if the contact info is out of
                      date or some such.

                      Just remember that you can get a hold of any officer and they should
                      be able to help you at least a little. I've had to do this for my
                      newcomers that moved to another state.

                      Ian the Green

                      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "George Oakes"