New to SCA

  • vagabond_611
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 5, 2009
      Greetings,
      I am new to the SCA and have just recently became a registered member.
      My game name is Sobetai (my mundane name is Greg) and I'm a Mongol
      persona. I am going to Estrella War which I plan on fighting hard suit
      this year. this will be my first time fighting and I am excited. If
      anyone is going look me up if ya can find me, I'll be camping with
      Thunder Freehold most likely out in the overflow area.
      I was also wondering if there were any good books, patterns, or sites
      online that could help me out with making Mongol garb. I am going to
      have a Del a Mongol type hat and thats about it. My shirt and pants are
      more like that of the European type. I know I won't be able to have
      them by this event but I was hoping for future events. Thanks for any
      help you can give me.
    • Kyla
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 5, 2009
        Way to go Judith!
        Excellent answer - very well put!

        Anyone who is unsure of which SCA Kingdom/barony/shire/canton/region they
        are in can use this website to locate their nearest group.

        The Society website: http://www.sca.org/ also has lots of other information
        for newcomers, look on the upper right hand corner for links labeled 'Advice
        for Newcomers', 'About the SCA', 'Find Your Local Group' and 'Activities'.

        Enjoy!

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands
        Middle Kingdom