Fwd: [Mid] Awards: Why hasn't my friend gotten one, when she is so very deserving?

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2009
      The advice below this email definitely applies to newcomers - you can and
      should be putting people up for awards.
      Think about anyone who, by their actions, has enhanced your SCA experience,
      whether they intended to or not!

      The award process is fairly easy - I usually write my award recommendation
      on my computer and cut and paste, so I can reference it later, or share it
      with the newly awarded recipient.

      Go to http://www.sca.org/
      go to your Group and find your kingdom,
      find a link that says something like Award Recommendations
      on the Midrealm website: http://www.midrealm.org/index.php
      it's toward the bottom, under the heading What's Where, as a subset of
      Middle Kingdom Order of Precedence.
      You will be asked for your User ID and password.
      Follow the directions for submitting an award recommendation.
      It will help to know some upcoming events that the person you are
      recommending will be attending.
      It will also help to know the person's full SCA name, and of which
      kingdom/shire the person is a member.
      It also helps in your recommendation to be specific and use examples.
      Flowery language is good, if you can do it, but not sufficient in and of
      itself.

      The award recommendations are deleted as they are used, so you can track
      your recommendations that way.

      And remember to have fun with your recommendations!

      Tabitha Pennywarden
      Ravenslake, Midlands
      Middle Kingdom