Local Groups

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2009
      I'm new to the SCA and looking for local groups in my area. My wife and
      I live in Northeast Ohio. (Chardon/Painesville) Thanks...Wayne
    • Colleen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2009
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <wv108@...> wrote:

        > I'm new to the SCA and looking for local groups in my area. My wife
        and
        > I live in Northeast Ohio. (Chardon/Painesville) Thanks...Wayne

        I am new too. I was told to go to the SCA website (www.sca.org) and
        click on "find your kingdom". That will then help you with finding
        your local group.
      • Sara L Uckelman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2009
          Quoth "Wayne":
          > I'm new to the SCA and looking for local groups in my area. My wife and
          > I live in Northeast Ohio. (Chardon/Painesville) Thanks...Wayne

          Welcome!

          Ohio is a part of the Middle Kingdom. From here you should be
          able to find the local contact and website of the group
          closest to you:

          http://www.dragonscaleconsort.com/cartography/Oaken_Pages/oaken_overall.htm

          -Aryanhwy

          --
          vita sine literis mors est
          http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2009
            On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 17:38 +0000, Colleen wrote:
            > > I'm new to the SCA and looking for local groups in my area. My wife
            > and
            > > I live in Northeast Ohio. (Chardon/Painesville) Thanks...Wayne
            > >
            > I am new too. I was told to go to the SCA website (www.sca.org) and
            > click on "find your kingdom". That will then help you with finding
            > your local group.

            Good advice, but in this gentleman's particular case help is closer at
            hand. :-) Several denizens of this list, including myself, are from your
            region.

            M'Lord Wayne, you are in a hotbed of SCA activity here in northeastern
            Ohio. Here are the groups around you:

            * Cleveland and vicinity: Barony of Cleftlands
            (http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/)
            Local group within Cleftlands:
            * Shire of Eastwatch (Ashtabula, Lak,e and Geauga Counties)
            (http://eastwatch.org/)
            * Lorain County: Shire of Falcon's Quarry
            (http://www.midrealm.org/falconsquarry/)
            * Most of remaining NE Ohio: Barony of Brendoken
            (http://www.brendoken.org/)
            Local groups within Brendoken:
            * Marche of Alderford (Stark, Carroll, Tuscarawas Counties)
            (http://www.alderford.org/)
            * Marche of Gwyntarian (Portage and Summit Counties)
            (http://www.midrealm.org/gwyntarian/)
            * Marche of Thistle (Wayne and Medina Counties)
            (http://www.marcheofthethistle.org/)
            * Marche of Three Towers (Richland, Crawford, Ashland, and Morrow
            Counties) (http://www.midrealm.org/threetowers/)
            * Trumbull, Mahoning, and Columbiana Counties: Shire of Rivenvale
            (http://www.rivenvale.org/)

            All of these are part of the Middle Kingdom (http://www.midrealm.org/).

            I believe you are part of Eastwatch (if you are in that group's
            counties), but you are definitely part of Cleftlands (which contains
            Eastwatch). Cleftlands and Eastwatch are co-hosting an event THIS COMING
            WEEKEND, by coincidence: http://www.eastwatch.org/january/ . This is one
            of the larger annual events in the area, so I'd encourage you to get in
            touch with the Cleftlands/Eastwatch folk to see about getting some
            loaner garb. :-)

            The SCA is an "open" organization, in that you are welcome to attend
            meetings and events at as many groups as you wish. Your home group will
            be where you want to start, but most people journey to other groups'
            events frequently. Thus, I would like also to offer a shameless plug for
            my own group's event, the Masque of Courtly Love, which we will host in
            the Marche of Alderford on February 21. More information is online at
            http://www.alderford.org/events/masque2009 .

            There are lots of other events coming up in this area, and a calendar is
            online at http://www.midrealm.org/calendar . I hope to meet you at an
            event in the near future!

            Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in helping you
            reach a nearby group.

            Kind regards and welcome,

            fesswise reversed sable.

            justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          • wayne vachaus
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2009
              On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 17:38 +0000, Colleen wrote:
              > > I'm new to the SCA and looking for local groups in my area. My wife
              > and
              > > I live in Northeast Ohio. (Chardon/Painesvill e) Thanks...Wayne
              > >
              > I am new too. I was told to go to the SCA website (www.sca.org) and
              > click on "find your kingdom". That will then help you with finding
              > your local group.

              Good advice, but in this gentleman's particular case help is closer at
              hand. :-) Several denizens of this list, including myself, are from your
              region.

              M'Lord Wayne, you are in a hotbed of SCA activity here in northeastern
              Ohio. Here are the groups around you:

              * Cleveland and vicinity: Barony of Cleftlands
              (http://cleftlands. cwru.edu/)
              Local group within Cleftlands:
              * Shire of Eastwatch (Ashtabula, Lak,e and Geauga Counties)
              (http://eastwatch. org/)
              * Lorain County: Shire of Falcon's Quarry
              (http://www.midrealm .org/falconsquar ry/)
              * Most of remaining NE Ohio: Barony of Brendoken
              (http://www.brendoke n.org/)
              Local groups within Brendoken:
              * Marche of Alderford (Stark, Carroll, Tuscarawas Counties)
              (http://www.alderfor d.org/)
              * Marche of Gwyntarian (Portage and Summit Counties)
              (http://www.midrealm .org/gwyntarian/)
              * Marche of Thistle (Wayne and Medina Counties)
              (http://www.marcheof thethistle. org/)
              * Marche of Three Towers (Richland, Crawford, Ashland, and Morrow
              Counties) (http://www.midrealm .org/threetowers /)
              * Trumbull, Mahoning, and Columbiana Counties: Shire of Rivenvale
              (http://www.rivenval e.org/)

              All of these are part of the Middle Kingdom (http://www.midrealm .org/).

              I believe you are part of Eastwatch (if you are in that group's
              counties), but you are definitely part of Cleftlands (which contains
              Eastwatch). Cleftlands and Eastwatch are co-hosting an event THIS COMING
              WEEKEND, by coincidence: http://www.eastwatc h.org/january/ . This is one
              of the larger annual events in the area, so I'd encourage you to get in
              touch with the Cleftlands/Eastwatc h folk to see about getting some
              loaner garb. :-)

              The SCA is an "open" organization, in that you are welcome to attend
              meetings and events at as many groups as you wish. Your home group will
              be where you want to start, but most people journey to other groups'
              events frequently. Thus, I would like also to offer a shameless plug for
              my own group's event, the Masque of Courtly Love, which we will host in
              the Marche of Alderford on February 21. More information is online at
              http://www.alderfor d.org/events/ masque2009 .

              There are lots of other events coming up in this area, and a calendar is
              online at http://www.midrealm .org/calendar . I hope to meet you at an
              event in the near future!

              Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in helping you
              reach a nearby group.

              Kind regards and welcome,

              Justin

              --