Queen by right of arms

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
      I wasn't sure where else to turn for this question, so here I am!

      I live in the East Kingdom, where there has yet to be a Queen by right
      of arms. No one locally can think of a kingdom where there has been
      one, so I was wondering if anyone lives in a kingdom where this is so?
      Or at least knows of one?

      Part of the reason we're interested is to hear how a Queen's consort
      might have been named, or later inducted into the Order of the Rose or
      something. I get the feeling I'm not conveying my question all that
      well, but I'll trail off here, in the hopes that someone catches my
      drift. :P

      - Jennifer
    • Leah Clark
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
        I think their was a Queen by right of Arms in the KIngdom of the West

      • Paul Zsoka
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
          Queen of Ansteorra

          Shortcut to: <http://swordmaiden.com/history/broa/>
          http://swordmaiden.com/history/broa/

          Here is your start for your research.

          Deirdre

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
            Jennifer wrote:
            > I live in the East Kingdom, where there has yet to be a Queen by right
            > of arms. . . .

            > Part of the reason we're interested is to hear how a Queen's consort
            > might have been named, or later inducted into the Order of the Rose or
            > something.

            Ansteorra had a sovereign queen--Rowan Beatrice von Kampfer, who was
            crowned in January, A.S. XXV. Her consort, Hector Philip Martel, was,
            I believe, simply called "the king"--or "king consort" when anyone
            wanted to be more specific. He was inducted into the Order of the Rose
            at the end of that reign, as is customary with consorts. You can even
            see a photo of him in the "Rose Gallery" on the kingdom's website
            <http://roses.ansteorra.org>.

            She's a Companion of the Order of the Rose, too, by the way, having
            stood as consort twice when he was sovereign.

            Coblaith Muimnech
            Barony of Bryn Gwlad
            Kingdom of Ansteorra
            <mailto:Coblaith@...>
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2009
              In a message dated 1/18/2009 9:19:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              the_electronaut@... writes:

              <<I live in the East Kingdom, where there has yet to be a Queen by right
              of arms. No one locally can think of a kingdom where there has been
              one, so I was wondering if anyone lives in a kingdom where this is so?
              Or at least knows of one?>>

              Ansteorra had one some years ago (and she beat her lord in the finals, they
              were fighting for each other). And I believe Ealdormere had a Princess by
              right of arms before they went kingdom - I know one of the principlaities did,
              just not sure which one.

              Lancaster, PA
              steps!
              cemailfooterNO62)

            • Sara L Uckelman
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 19, 2009
                Quoth bronwynmgn@...:
                > were fighting for each other). And I believe Ealdormere had a Princess by
                > right of arms before they went kingdom - I know one of the principlaities did
                > ,
                > just not sure which one.

                Elizabeth Mortimer was Princess of Ealdormere by right of arms.

                -Aryanhwy

                --
                vita sine literis mors est
                http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 19, 2009
                  Ansteorra is the ONLY Kingdom to have ahd a Queen by right of arms.  Several Principalities have had Princesses by right of arms.
                  Lady Maria
                  Proud resident in the Kingdom of Ansteorra

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 19, 2009
                    Oh.  And Hector, Her concort, was inducted into the Order of the Rose.
                    They are both Roses as a matter of fact because he won for her before she won for him.
                    Lady Maria (again)