Re: [SCA Newcomers] forks (was: Feast Gear)

  • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 17, 2009
      http://www.hospitalityguild.com/History/Table_Forks_of_the_Medieval&Renaissance.htm

      YIS,

      Giertrud Gyldenstierne

      God is my lyght and saluation, whom then shall I feare? God is the strength
      of my life, of whom then shall I be afraide?

    • Callahan Patrick
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 18, 2009
        As far as I know nothing designates it as 'Yul'. This lady simply had her feast gear at the 'Yul' is what I heard her to say. For my T W O pence worth or were they ducats:(I promise you I know nothing of Irish money) I believe the Irish like the peoples in the Norse lands were slow to adopt the fork. The Irish seem despite their proximity to have been fairly cut off from the goings on in Europe and were slow in adopting anything European preferring to continue their Gaelic traditions in stead.

        Kreyze Padreyk