Re: [SCA Newcomers] Feast Gear

  • Maria Buchanan
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 16, 2009
      OMG If one more person says forks are out of period I'm gonna explode.
      They are NOT out of period!!!!!  Look at the artifacts that came out of Pompeii.
      They had forks.
      Lady Maria

      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 18, 2009
        As far as I know nothing designates it as 'Yul'. This lady simply had her feast gear at the 'Yul' is what I heard her to say. For my T W O pence worth or were they ducats:(I promise you I know nothing of Irish money) I believe the Irish like the peoples in the Norse lands were slow to adopt the fork. The Irish seem despite their proximity to have been fairly cut off from the goings on in Europe and were slow in adopting anything European preferring to continue their Gaelic traditions in stead.

        Kreyze Padreyk