Re: [SCA Newcomers] Feast Gear

  • tenzicut _
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 15, 2009
      <We got some great utensils at CostPlus World Market. There's a set that have
      <a rot iron look to it and is like $2 a fork or knife.
      <Anita  **** Fork?!?!?!?!?! They are OOP (out of period) hehe YIS,Mergret Dyer

    • Callahan Patrick
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 18, 2009
        As far as I know nothing designates it as 'Yul'. This lady simply had her feast gear at the 'Yul' is what I heard her to say. For my T W O pence worth or were they ducats:(I promise you I know nothing of Irish money) I believe the Irish like the peoples in the Norse lands were slow to adopt the fork. The Irish seem despite their proximity to have been fairly cut off from the goings on in Europe and were slow in adopting anything European preferring to continue their Gaelic traditions in stead.

        Kreyze Padreyk