RE: [SCA Newcomers] Feast Gear

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 8, 2009
      Edmund,
      Karen Larsdatter has put together a great website that collects period
      images of many things that are useful for getting small details right
      http://www.geocities.com/karen_larsdatter/karen.htm The pages most relevant
      to your search would be Feast Gear and Candlesticks (after looking at that
      site I realised that the most common style of candlestick used in the SCA
      the black wrought Iron style would actually be unfamiliar to a medieval
      person and I made an effort to replace my candleholders with something more
      period). This will give you an idea of what sort of styles you are looking
      for so when you go to merchants (either online or in person) you have a
      picture in your head of what you're looking for.
      HTH
      Elizabeth

      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 18, 2009
        As far as I know nothing designates it as 'Yul'. This lady simply had her feast gear at the 'Yul' is what I heard her to say. For my T W O pence worth or were they ducats:(I promise you I know nothing of Irish money) I believe the Irish like the peoples in the Norse lands were slow to adopt the fork. The Irish seem despite their proximity to have been fairly cut off from the goings on in Europe and were slow in adopting anything European preferring to continue their Gaelic traditions in stead.

        Kreyze Padreyk