Re: [SCA Newcomers] Feast Gear

  • Alex Westreich
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 7, 2009
      It seems to me that most people don't take feast gear too seriously, wooden utensils will have most sca members feeling quite content with their set. Few sets exceed a mug, plate, bowl, and a few eating utensils at most. But the key to any part of your persona is how it works with the rest of your outfit and your preference. 12th night is a big art event and has a lot of wares on display, so if you don't find anything to your likings prior to the event you should be able to see at least a small selection there.

      MedievalVentures.com, The all medieval auction site!

      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 18, 2009
        As far as I know nothing designates it as 'Yul'. This lady simply had her feast gear at the 'Yul' is what I heard her to say. For my T W O pence worth or were they ducats:(I promise you I know nothing of Irish money) I believe the Irish like the peoples in the Norse lands were slow to adopt the fork. The Irish seem despite their proximity to have been fairly cut off from the goings on in Europe and were slow in adopting anything European preferring to continue their Gaelic traditions in stead.

        Kreyze Padreyk