Feast Gear

  • edmundhalliday
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 7, 2009
      Greetings to the list;

      I'm still quite new to the SCA and although I've put together a piece-
      meal of feast gear, I'm looking to build a setting a bit more set with
      my recently decided persona.

      I'm late 16th century english middle class and I'd like feast gear to
      match.

      Can you knowledgeable gentles recommend specific utensils, dishes, and
      accoutrements that would distinctly make the elizabethan table?

      I hope to be able to have something to show at my local upcoming 12th
      night feast on the 17th.

      Yours;

      Edmund Halliday
    • Callahan Patrick
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 18, 2009
        As far as I know nothing designates it as 'Yul'. This lady simply had her feast gear at the 'Yul' is what I heard her to say. For my T W O pence worth or were they ducats:(I promise you I know nothing of Irish money) I believe the Irish like the peoples in the Norse lands were slow to adopt the fork. The Irish seem despite their proximity to have been fairly cut off from the goings on in Europe and were slow in adopting anything European preferring to continue their Gaelic traditions in stead.

        Kreyze Padreyk