Re: [SCA Newcomers] 12th Night Gifts/Etiquette

  • Jibra'il `Attar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
      Sara & Freda --

      Generally, any gift exchanges at Twelfth Night are purely between
      friends and are most certainly not required. There are many years
      where time or finances have precluded my being able to exchange gifts
      with friends (and mundane family for that fact)! There is no
      requirement to bring gifts at all; it's something that people do just
      because they want to. Don't feel that this is an obligation; this is
      something to do to share something spiffy with a friend if you have
      the time and finances to do so. Besides, it allows your friends to be
      pleasantly surprised when you do give them a gift...they won't have
      any preset expectations to get a gift if you don't do it all the time.
      ;)

      Jibra'il `Attar
      Shire of Deodar
      Kingdom of Calontir

      * who is sadly missing Calontir's 12th Night this weekend due to
      mundane work obligations (silly trainings and quality)
    • tudorpot@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
        There are a few people who have been very good to me- I'd like to
        make them something- perhaps you or others could share some ideas-
        what you've been given that you found good/fun/useful.

        thanks

        Freda