Re: [SCA Newcomers] ISO of List owner for SCA Brewing & Vinting list

  • Justinos Tekton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2008
      On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 14:39 -0700, Russ H wrote:
      > As my subject title states, I am looking for the kind person who runs
      > said list as I have a couple questions for them. Please contact me off
      > list. Thank you.

      Suggestion: Try emailing "listname-owner@...", replacing
      "listname" with the actual email address of the list, and "domain.com"
      with its actual domain. That will reach the owner of most lists on the
      Internet, and works with most standard list management software on the
      various servers.

      For example, to reach the owner of this list (me), you can email
      scanewcomers-owner (at) yahoogroups (dot) com.

      In other words, you don't usually need to know who the owner of a list
      is, in order to reach them.

      The only downside of this is that a lot of spammers send to the -owner
      addresses, so list owners usually filter pretty aggressively there and
      may overlook a legitimate message occasionally.

      Kind regards,

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/