I have a Common Problem with Submission

  • Emily
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      So, I know everyone asks this, but I can't seem to find the answer to
      my question in the previous messages on this topic.

      I submitted a name request, checked the OSCAR site, name search form
      and followed all the rules on the AEthelmearc submission guide. I have
      yet to hear back. What's the average turnaround time to hear that they
      received it? I sent it 11/14/08, almost a month...I'm curious mostly
      but anxious.

      Thanks

      Emily (hopefully Raganailt)
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Although time differs from Kingdom to Kingdom...

        The gerneral rule of thumb is 2 months in Kingdom for Kingdom
        comentary, then it is off to Laurel. Time at Laurel varies depending
        on load and time of year.

        Sorry to say, the bad news is that it may take you a year to get
        everything approved.

        Willia,

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Emily" <ragnailtmarcuigham@...>
        wrote:

        > So, I know everyone asks this, but I can't seem to find the answer to
        > my question in the previous messages on this topic.
        >
        > I submitted a name request, checked the OSCAR site, name search form
        > and followed all the rules on the AEthelmearc submission guide. I have
        > yet to hear back. What's the average turnaround time to hear that they
        > received it? I sent it 11/14/08, almost a month...I'm curious mostly
        > but anxious.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Emily (hopefully Raganailt)

      • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          Emily wrote:
          > I submitted a name request, checked the OSCAR site, name search form
          > and followed all the rules on the AEthelmearc submission guide. I have
          > yet to hear back. What's the average turnaround time to hear that they
          > received it? I sent it 11/14/08, almost a month...I'm curious mostly
          > but anxious.

          I wouldn't be worried, yet. It's only been two weeks. It can take the
          postal service up to a week just to deliver a letter, depending on how
          much volume they're processing and whether their machines can read the
          mailing label or it has to be hand-sorted. And even if it's routine
          for Garnet Herald to contact submitters when she receives their packets
          (and it might not be), it's reasonable to allow a week for her to do
          so.

          If Garnet Herald received the packet in late November, it will probably
          appear in the January Internal Letter of Intent. After it's published
          there, you should be able to track its progress through the Submissions
          Roster <http://www.aeheralds.net/Submissions.html>. If you can't wait
          that long for confirmation that your packet has been received, you
          could always e-mail Garnet Herald <http://www.aeheralds.net/Staff.html>
          and ask.

          Coblaith Mhuimhneach
          Barony of Bryn Gwlad
          Kingdom of Ansteorra
          <mailto:Coblaith@...>
        • Jibra'il `Attar
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
            Raganailt:
            > I submitted a name request, checked the OSCAR site, name search form
            > and followed all the rules on the AEthelmearc submission guide. I have
            > yet to hear back. What's the average turnaround time to hear that they
            > received it? I sent it 11/14/08, almost a month...I'm curious mostly
            > but anxious.

            I think others have answered your question fairly well so far. But I'd
            like to also throw this out there:

            http://rampart.outlandsheralds.org/lifeofasubmission.html

            This is an article written about the "life of a heraldic submission".
            While some of the information in this article is Outlands specific,
            the general principles are the same from Kingdom to Kingdom and help
            to enlighten everyone on what your submission goes through to get to
            the point of being registered.

            I'd say definitely share this article with other friends who are
            wondering why it takes so long for their submission to get processed.
            It's definite a must-read!

            Jibra'il `Attar.