Re: [SCA Newcomers] Camping Question

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      In a message dated 10/31/2008 9:12:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      illunia.sweetlove@... writes:

      <<My question is this: Is it permissible to use a motorcycle-sized
      pop-up camper in place of a tent or pavilion, in a tent space -
      provided I disguise it to look like a pavilion (no wheels or other
      mundane aspects showing)? >>

      For most events it will probably be just fine, since mundane tents are
      permitted. In some cases the site owners may have rules regarding trailers and
      driving them over the grass, but such should be listed in the event announcement.
      Also, in some areas and at some events, period tents get preference for
      visible spaces such as around the list field, while modern tents and presumably
      something like this would be set further away.

      The one event I know of where you may not be able to use it in the general
      camping area is at Pennsic. I know that pop-up trailers used to be prohibited
      except in the RV parking area. I just asked my husband, who has been on the
      land staff for several years, and he said he is not sure that rule is still in
      effect. He suggests that if you would like to bring it to Pennsic, you read
      the site rules thoroughly first and if you still have questions, contact the
      site owners before bringing it. I don't know anything regarding this situation
      at the other large wars, as I've never been able to attend any other ones.

      Lancaster, PA
      **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
      5 Travel Deals!

    • Maria Buchanan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        I know at Gulf Wars there is an RV camping area that is not in the general camping area.
        Maria

        illunia.sweetlove@ yahoo.com writes:

[...]

        (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100000075x121241 6248x1200771803/ aol?redir= http://travel. aol.com/discount -travel?ncid= emlcntustrav0000 0001)

      • Eleanor Anne Morgan
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
          Thanks forthe replies to my post.
          I realize that in many cases, there are RV sites available.
          This little camper is more of a tent on wheels than an RV - no electric or water. That's the reason I wanted to know about putting it with the tents. As far as not being on the "front lines," that is perfectly all right with me. I still plan to make a Period cover for it.
          Cheers!