Re: Poll: The Hunt for Knighthood.

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jul 10, 2001
      Sokay,<br>Don't worry about it. The question was
      posed to provoke a variety of responses. There are many
      who see Knighthood as a prize, or as something to be
      gained, and in a way it is. It IS a recognition of
      knightly virtues and peerlike qualities.<br><br>The point
      is that I and many others believe that "it is the
      journey, not the destination that matters". We should
      strive to BE like knights (since we are in an
      organization that is based on chivalry and courtesy). We all
      hope that one day we will possess the qualities sought
      after by the chiv council to a high enough degree that
      nobody will ever question whether we should be
      knighted.<br><br>It is far better for the populace to all sigh and
      comment "it is about time they knighted that guy/ lady"
      versus "why are they knighting him/ her".<br><br>The
      point is to let your actions and deeds speak for
      themselves. Take the moral high ground. The road may be
      longer, but the taste will be sweeter.<br><br>BTW, What
      Tjorkilsson
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003