Re: Poll: The Hunt for Knighthood.

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jul 10, 2001
      Well, after rereading what I posted, after it was
      posted, I realize I came off pretty harsh, and I am sorry
      if it was taken wrong. (And I can see where it would
      be after rereading it) <br><br>I intend to stay in
      the SCA for the long haul. The reason I joined was
      the life style involved and the underlying principles
      that seem to be a major part of the SCA.<br><br>I was
      commenting on the thread about "Hunting" for the honor of
      becoming a Knight, or as I understood the comments,
      involving oneself solely in those things which would lead
      to becoming a Knight. One of the previous postings
      mentioned only getting into certain tournaments and being
      seen with only people who would further that goal.
      that it was a true situation in the SCA that awards
      could be gotten through political maneuvering, then ,
      and only then, would I question my membership.
      believe any of them acheived their award through
      politics. I would be willing to stand beside any of them,
      if they would let me.<br><br>Like I mentioned
      earlier,I want to be in the SCA for the long haul, and I'm
      willing to put my belief into the organization and its
      principles, and all the great folks I have met so
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003