FW: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 1992

  • Bob Twomey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2008
      I translated my first name Robert into Gaelic (Roibeaird) and took the
      old Irish root of my last name Twomey (O Tuoma)

      From: xcadoangelusx
      1b. Re: Name help?
      From: Wolfgang von der Eifel

      Messages
      1a. Name help?
      Posted by: "xcadoangelusx" xcadoangelusx@... xcadoangelusx
      Date: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:15 pm ((PDT))

      Hello all!

      I'm an SCA newbie. I'm tossing around a few ideas for a name, but I'm
      having trouble choosing...what's really holding me up is not knowing
      how to find out whether or not a name was truly used back then.

      My favorite name-possibility is Freya (Or Freyja), which I know is
      used now, and has been used for a while, but I'm unsure how to go
      about figuring out how legitimate it is for the SCA. It's the name of
      a Norse Goddess, and also simply the Old Norse word for "woman," but
      unfortunately that's all the information that ye olde google has been
      able to provide me with.

      Any ideas? How can I go about finding some more info?

      Thanks!
      Emily Davis

      Messages in this topic (2)
      1b. Re: Name help?
      Posted by: "Wolfgang von der Eifel" talrath2002@...
      talrath2002
      Date: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:32 pm ((PDT))

      http://www.s-gabriel.org/
      Browse through here, any documentation they have on the name will be
      acceptable for submission.
      ~Wolfgang von der Eiffel

      --
      Best of friends can say what they will for words won't separate them.

      Per fess Argent and Azure, A Demi Eagle displayed issuant from line of
      division and three crosses Patee counterchanged

      Messages in this topic (2)