Re: Greetings from Hawaii

  • Thunderfoot
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008
      Thank you all.All of you were very helpful and I will be checking out
      all the suggestions.I really appreciate it.I was having a difficult
      time finding anyone that could help.
      To,Otto von Schwyz,thanks for the links. And to Squint eye,Thanks.And
      to Kristine,thanks,and when are you coming,lol.I love the idea of a
      symposium,do you want to head the committee? I am not sure where to
      start.I need help and know this endeavor is a big job. I am up for
      it.I already run several nonprofits and love it. So,I am in for the
      long haul,and welcome all who want to participate.Thanks Again!!!!
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Kristine Maitland <ms_m2you@...>
      wrote:

      > Why did I think that there was an SCA group in Hawaii already?
      >
      > The first thing I would advise is to think small.  It looks to me
      like you want to take on several things at once. I would check up on
      the legal ya-yas regarding property and non-profit status - I have
      seen fights break out over less. As for children/youth activities
      there's lots of stuff available online given the current child boom.

      > Here is something I would suggest.  Why not have a small symposium
      on the Big Isle?  Then we can come to you and give you
      ideas/suggestions/support. Fighting training, costuming, cooking etc.
      Do you honestly think we would need much of an excuse to come over
      *grin*?

      > I would happily spend my Xmas on the isle for the greater good of
      the Knowne World.

      > [and no, I am not kidding. I was thinking of coming over next year
      for a visit anyway]

      > Ines deFreitas
      > Kingdom of Ealdormere
      > http://blackhistoryresources.weebly.com