Re: [MODERATOR] Question to the group regarding merchant post

  • Marcia Moraes
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 8, 2008
      Hello,

      I would like to point out that Yahoo has a SCA Merchants group. They
      are at:

      YIS
      Marcia
      Formerly of Iron Mountain
      Kingdon of Meridies
      Now living at the Barony of Tarnmist
      Kingdon of the West
    • Bulgarelli Maria
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 8, 2008
        Ok I'm going to try that again ...
        4 (AND MOST IMPORTANT) We do not want them soliciting business on the list.  If they want to contact someone who asked a question, they should email that person or email the list and say contact me privately.  No giving prices on the list (my opinion - which is why it's most important - hehehe).

        Maria

        From: Justinos Tekton <justin@...>
        To: scanewcomers@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 9:57 PM

        I have a pending needs-moderator- approval message that is a new merchant
        announcing their business venture. We are generally a non-commercial
        list here, but it is an SCA-related business.

        I'd like to solicit comments from the populace on the list as to whether
        to allow this post or to request that the merchant take it elsewhere.
        This decision may set a precedent for similar posts from others. On the
        one hand, SCA newcomers are potentially interested in SCA-related
        businesses and merchants. On the other hand, how much advertising do we
        want on the list?

        I personally have no strong opinion on this one. Ultimately, it will be
        my decision as Moderator, but I wanted to solicit input from others on
        the list. I'd like to make a decision by Wednesday evening, so if you
        care to weigh in on this, please do it soon. Thanks.

        Justin
        List Moderator

        --
        ()xxxx[]:::: ::::::::: :::::> <::::::::::: :::::::[] xxxx()
        fesswise reversed sable.

        justin@... http://4th.com/ sca/justin/

      • Bulgarelli Maria
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 8, 2008
          Oh.  Also I don't think there's a problem with the merchant putting a link to his web site in the links page on the yahoo group.
          Maria

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 8, 2008
            So is there anywhere for someone who is not a merchant but would LIKE to
            hear about new (and old)
            SCA business ventures? Perhaps someone looking to shop a bit?
            YIS,

            Giertrud Gyldenstierne