RE: [SCA Newcomers] names

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 92 , Oct 7, 2008
      Hello Freda,

      Actually, you don't NEED to do anything, unless you want to register your
      name with the SCA.
      If you don't want to register your name, pick one you like, and answer to
      it.

      If you do want to register your name, than you should follow the rules that
      the college of heralds have laid out for choosing and documenting a name for
      your region and time period.
      Several other very helpful people on this list have already given you advice
      on that.
      I just wanted to make ALL options clear to you, because as a newbie, you
      might not know that you don't HAVE to register your name.

      There are some things that you will not be able to do if you don't register
      your name, like register a devise, and in some places, receive an award, or
      something like that.
      If these are things you care about, than by all means document and register
      your name.

      Tabitha Pennywarden, who's name is not registered
      Ravenslake, Midlands
      Middle Kingdom

      Message 92 of 92 , Nov 11, 2008
        Thank you ,thank you for the kind explanation, I'm so happy it passed. now i can work on a device of some sort. . where to begin!!!???    I did see a name that is my real name backwards and added last name..  Beatrice Lillian Miller I believe.  that's my real name in reverse but minus the Miller part. thought it kinda neat. thanks again, Awyanhwy, and all that shed light on my confusion. I will patiently now await my letter!!!!
        thanks,
         Beatrice Lilli
         Stonemarche
        Kingdom of the East

        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, dark chocolate in one hand, frozen mudslide in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

        If all is not lost, Where is it???????????? Lee