re: cut and thrust

  • Karl Brockfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2008
      >>>Re: Cut and Thrust?
      Posted by: "David Roland" mystborne@... mystborne
      Fri Oct 3, 2008 6:31 am (PDT)
      I am not privy to the internal workings of Calontir. I have heard
      rumor of there being a Yahoo! group or some other kind of discussion
      group called Calontir Fencers. I'm not on it so I don't know if it
      truly exists.<<<

      Greetings Gentles;

      I live in Calontir and it is true that fencing is not allowed here. I won't go into the reasoning as I do not completely understand it myself. Suffice it to say that it stands as the decision made by our wise and mighty soveriegn at the time and we abide by his commands. The decision was made long before I began to play in the SCA. That is not to say that there are no fencers in Calontir however, we have a small but motivated group that go to events outside the kingdom and fence there, it is just not allowed within our kingdom.

      YIS, Karl