Re: [SCA Newcomers] Cut and Thrust?

  • koleyporter
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2008
      Thanks for the direction! I am in Austin, TX, which places me in the SCA kingdom of
      Ansteorra. I will check <http://rapier.ansteorra.org/> for information. I appreciate the
      quick responses from everyone!

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Mhuimhneach <Coblaith@...> wrote:

      > koleyporter wrote:
      > > I became a little confused about the acceptance/legality of cut &
      > > thrust within the rules of the SCA. Is cut and thrust still an
      > > accepted fighting form?
      >
      > The answer to this question (and many others) will depend upon where in
      > the Known World you are. There are Society-wide rules for various
      > martial endeavors, but the individual kingdoms often have additional
      > restrictions. You can learn about Ansteorra's cut-and-thrust rules at
      > <http://rapier.ansteorra.org/>, for instance.
      >
      > If you're not sure which kingdom is yours, go to
      > <http://sca.org/geography/findsca.html> and follow the instructions
      > there to identify it. Then I recommend you get into the habit of
      > including the information when you write to this list. When you have a
      > question, the answer will be affected by where you are more often than
      > you might think.
      >

      > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      > Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      > Kingdom of Ansteorra
      > <mailto:Coblaith@...>

    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
        I am not privy to the internal workings of Calontir. I have heard
        rumor of there being a Yahoo! group or some other kind of discussion
        group called Calontir Fencers. I'm not on it so I don't know if it
        truly exists.

        You may find your answers on such a list.

        Ian