RE: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Cut and Thrust?

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2008
      I would also like to know why Calontir has 'banned the fencers'.

      As a relatively new Scadian, there's a lot of history that I haven't heard
      yet, and this sounds like a good story.

      Tabitha Pennywarden
      Ravenslake, Midlands
      Middle Kingdom

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2008
        Thanks for the direction! I am in Austin, TX, which places me in the SCA kingdom of
        Ansteorra. I will check <http://rapier.ansteorra.org/> for information. I appreciate the
        quick responses from everyone!

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Coblaith Mhuimhneach <Coblaith@...> wrote:

        > koleyporter wrote:
        > > I became a little confused about the acceptance/legality of cut &
        > > thrust within the rules of the SCA. Is cut and thrust still an
        > > accepted fighting form?
        >
        > The answer to this question (and many others) will depend upon where in
        > the Known World you are. There are Society-wide rules for various
        > martial endeavors, but the individual kingdoms often have additional
        > restrictions. You can learn about Ansteorra's cut-and-thrust rules at
        > <http://rapier.ansteorra.org/>, for instance.
        >
        > If you're not sure which kingdom is yours, go to
        > <http://sca.org/geography/findsca.html> and follow the instructions
        > there to identify it. Then I recommend you get into the habit of
        > including the information when you write to this list. When you have a
        > question, the answer will be affected by where you are more often than
        > you might think.
        >

        > Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        > Barony of Bryn Gwlad
        > Kingdom of Ansteorra
        > <mailto:Coblaith@...>

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
          I am not privy to the internal workings of Calontir. I have heard
          rumor of there being a Yahoo! group or some other kind of discussion
          group called Calontir Fencers. I'm not on it so I don't know if it
          truly exists.

          You may find your answers on such a list.

          Ian