Re: [SPAM][SCA Newcomers] Native Personas

  • Ziddinaaitzumar@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 30, 2008
      Right on, Ian! By the way, my persona, North African Berber, is so poorly known in the SCA (in spite of the fact that they had extensive contact with the Byzantine Empire, the Middle Eastern Muslims, actually ruled Spain for a hundred years, were pirates preying on the Italians in the Mediterranean, and other contacts...) that the SCA main Herald group passed my name without conflict because they had too little information on the subject to raise any serious objections!!

      Ziddina Ait Zumar (which, after subsequent research, should actually be Ziddina wt Zumar...)

      From: "David Roland" <mystborne@...>
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 9/27/2008 10:53:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > mystborne@... writes:
      >
      > <<You can chooose any place in the world as well as anytime pre-
      1600
      > irregardless if that place had contact with europe in the pre-1600
      > period.>>
      >
      > I suppose you can interpret the wording of what you quoted that way.

      Actually that is not an interpretation. It is just about exactly
      what SCA inc. Corpora says. Period.

      But the points you made about being out of the mainstream and not
      feeling like you fit in (no others of you around etc) also is made in
      SCA inc. Corpora.

      Why do it? Why not? Because it is an area of interest you have that
      is why.

      Ian