Re: [SCA Newcomers] Bodices, zip ties and wood stirrers

  • Ziddinaaitzumar@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
      Rats! It sounded like such a good idea. I am hourglass-shaped, but lean, so I can't speak for ladies with generous bosoms... Maybe a combination of cording and fabric??? Hemp Emporium dot com sells heavy hemp canvas (or did...) and maybe a combination of that plus 140 lb working load hemp twine would work?? Oh, I just remembered - I also fused heavy-duty craft interfacing onto my fabric before I layered it (6-8 layers of fabric) and sewed it together - that gave it extra stiffening. Ziddina

      From: "tudorpot@..." <tudorpot@...>
      My readings have found several references to hemp cording not being
      supportive enough for those of us with bigger boobs.

      Freda