Check out this new paperback book club I have found

  • Shirley Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2008
      A message from your friend Shirley J.,

      Dear scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com,

      This is what your friend had to say:

      'I have found this a useful website to obtain reading material. If you have medieval or craft books that you no longer need/want - please use this service so I can have a chance at swap books with you. You don't have to swap books you can purchase book credits. I have used the service for about a year now with no problems.

      Using my email address will allow me to obtain book credits that I give out to people that need them and send credits to active US military service members overseas. I have been told that it is a wonderful service for them to have books sent home for their families.

      Thanks,
      Dahleea@...
      aka: Shirley J.'

      Do you have any used books lying around? Ones you've already enjoyed, but you're never going to read again? I did, and I finally found a great way to share them with other people!

      It seems that a few guys were sitting around one night talking about all the paperback books that they purchased over the years while traveling on business. Each of them had a large stack of books that they had read, so they decided to set up a website at http://www.PaperBackSwap.com/ that allows all of us to swap books with each other.

      Let me tell you how it works -- because it is so easy! I listed a bunch of books on the site (listing 10 books gets the first member in your household free credits!) and I got 2 free book credits to get started. So you can order 2 books right away - free of charge -- and have them mailed directly to you! No strings attached. No gimmicks. No spam mail. Nothing. You just have to love reading books.

      When another member selects one of my books that I have listed, I mail it to them. Yes, I pay for the postage. But then I get another book credit and I can select a book that I want. So another Club Member returns the favor and mails me one of his or her books free of charge. For every book I mail out, I get another book in return - a true shared system!

      And when someone requests one of your books, all you have to do is print two pieces of regular paper from your printer which includes the mailing address and the recommended postage. Apply the postage, and drop it in the mail. Hey, for a typical paperback, you don't even need to go to the post office.

      Right now the annual club membership is free. Eventually the founders will ask everyone to help contribute to pay for the upkeep of the web site, but for now the annual club membership is free. The annual dues will probably be between $10 and $20 based on the number of people in the club. But again, right now you don't even have to pay any dues for one year if you become a Member.

      You really need to check this out. And if you do sign up, use the following link:

      http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?r_by=Dashleea%40yahoo.com

      For more information about the site, you can visit the Help area, by clicking the link below, and select 'About PBS' to read how it works:

      http://www.paperbackswap.com/help/help_index.php

      Best Regards,
      Shirley J.

      Come visit us at http://www.PaperBackSwap.com to browse our catalog of listed books and see if any of them interest you!