RE: [SCA Newcomers] Thigh Chaffing

  • PATRICIA BENTLEY
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 21, 2008
      everyone can laugh if they want I have a book on kitchen remedies and it actually says to prevent chaffing apply liberal amounts of chapstick or desitine cream there is also product out there called yes of all things Butt Creame.. so laugh at squeaky cheeks if you want to but i think Butt Paste is funnier also these products work better when apply in small amounts before you start what ever it is that is going to make you chafe.

      good luck

      Gisele
      Barony Smoking Rocks

      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: spellsinger28@...: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:06:19 -0700Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Thigh Chaffing

      Squeaky Cheeks....ha ha ha that is so funny!!!CAITL�N inghean ui CheallaighBarony of Seleone--- On Mon, 8/11/08, Coblaith Mhuimhneach <Coblaith@...> wrote:From: Coblaith Mhuimhneach <Coblaith@...>Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Thigh ChaffingTo: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comDate: Monday, August 11, 2008, 4:20 PMI don't have chafing problems myself, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the stuff, but I noticed while at my local drugstore the other day that Monistat has come out with a new product just for this sort of thing: Soothing Care Chafing-Relief Powder Gel <http://www.monistat .com/soothingcar e/products_ chafing_gel. htm>. A Google search on "chafing powder" (which I did because I couldn't remember exactly what the Monistat product was called) also turned up something called "Squeaky Cheeks" <http://www.squeakyc heeks.com/ about.html>, which is formulated to stay on all day. If you've been improvising with deodorant and baby powder and it hasn't been working, you might try one of these.Coblaith MhuimhneachBarony of Bryn GwladKingdom of Ansteorra<mailto:Coblaith@sbcglobal. net>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 21, 2008
        You mean Boudreaux's Butt Paste?
        YIS,

        Giertrud Gyldenstierne
        RUGA Provost, Shire of Blackmoor Keep

      • tudorpot@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 21, 2008
          Butt paste was devised to treat kiddies undergoing chemotherapy who
          developed horrid bum rash (red open skin as if burned) related to the
          corrosive diarrhea caused by the chemo. My dear nephew (doing very
          well now) had this and butt paste was a life saver. Equal parts zinc
          oxide, stomahesive paste and antifungal cream.

          I have had good results with using roll on deoderant on my thighs.

          Freda

          On Aug 21, 2008, at 7:57 PM, PATRICIA BENTLEY wrote:

          > Butt Paste

        • christopher chastain
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 21, 2008
            Pardon me but what makes this funnier is the Barony from which it came, Barony of Smoking Rocks! Yours in Humble Service,Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov"Semper Paratus"Triskele LegionnaireClan Dunncan

            http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588797/direct/01/

          • Kristen Praiswater
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 22, 2008
              It just sounded funny, I used boudreaux's butt paste on my little one when he was in diapers.  I never thought to use desitin or anything like that.  Thanks for the info!

              everyone can laugh if they want I have a book on kitchen remedies and it
              actually says to prevent chaffing apply liberal amounts of chapstick or desitine
              cream there is also product out there called yes of all things Butt Creame.. so
              laugh at squeaky cheeks if you want to but i think Butt Paste is funnier also
              these products work better when apply in small amounts before you start what
              ever it is that is going to make you chafe.

              good luck

              Gisele
              Barony Smoking Rocks

              To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comFrom: spellsinger28@...: Tue, 12 Aug
              2008 10:06:19 -0700Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Thigh Chaffing

              Squeaky Cheeks....ha ha ha that is so funny!!!CAITLヘN inghean ui

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 22, 2008
                ha ha ha too funny!!