Re: [SCA Newcomers] An outdated can of worms

  • Riff Raff
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
      A true Viking would never be caught dead wearing a hat like that!!!    :P

      From: "Danel Fisher" <danel56@...>
      Greetings good gentles of the list;

      I started a long introduction but was afraid my question would be lost
      in the mess so I'll ask simply:

      What is the end of period for the SCA? Is it 1600 or 1650? Is the
      cavalier styles of the english civil war era an SCA counter-culture or
      an acceptable garb and persona? Tall boots and broad brimmed hats are
      awesome, but are the legitimately 'authentic'?