What's going on?

  • Gliowien Rayna
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
      Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
      way to Pennsic?

      Lovedaia Makeblith
    • Jibra'il `Attar
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
        Lovedaia:
        > Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
        > way to Pennsic?

        Not me...I'm just getting slammed with more work at work...and the
        need to find a new roommate in the next month. *meeps*

        Jibra'il.
      • Trish Mickelsen
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
          Busy sewing!!!!!!

           Hugs & Kisses,
          Trish

          Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
          way to Pennsic?

          Lovedaia Makeblith

        • paula graham
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
            doing reserch online and getting things going here.

            Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
            way to Pennsic?

            Lovedaia Makeblith

          • Mindless Creations Studios
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
              :grumbls and rolls over:: shush Lovie.. we're tryin to sleeeep...

              ~<New name censored until Sunday at Gwydion's Hovel>

              "come to the dark side... we have cookies" ~Darth Vader

              Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
              way to Pennsic?

              Lovedaia Makeblith
            • Janet
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
                i second this...i'm actually sewing right now lol

                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 23, 2008
                  See?  How did I know?  Um, probably because I am right there with you.

                   Hugs & Kisses,
                  Trish

                  i second this...i'm actually sewing right now lol

                  Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
                  way to Pennsic?

                  Lovedaia Makeblith

                • Heidi Martinez
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                    I know I am sew for 3 people and only have a few days left. We have land
                    grab/work weekend this weekend then we leave next Friday for 10 days.

                    It goes in cycles! Talk then quite.

                    Heidi

                    On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Gliowien Rayna <
                    lovedaia-makeblith@...> wrote:

                    > Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
                    > way to Pennsic?
                    >
                    > Lovedaia Makeblith

                  • Otto von Schwyz
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                      All of my SCA e-lists are dead at the moment.  My expierence has been that there is alot of talk about a month before Pennsic and communication drops about 10 days before Pennsic, about nothing for the two weeks of Pennsic, and my mail box explodes the week after Pennsic.

                      My suggestion to all new members is to go to Pennsic.  It is truly an expierence that I will never forget.  Plan to shop, go to classes, dance, visit groups from all over the Known World, and if your into fighting, there is nothing that would compair to the main field battle.

                      Herr Otto von Schwyz

                    • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                        Some of us cannot afford to go to Pennsic and/or live too far away.

                        YIS,

                        Giertrud Gyldenstiene
                        RUGA Provost, Shire of Blackmoor Keep

                      • Wolfy
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                          Actually... If Pennsic is your first SCA event, I feel sorry for you.
                          Pennsic is a nice event to attend when you are relatively new, but if
                          it is your first even SCa event, it is a bit too overwhelming.

                          ~Wolfy

                          The heart has reasons which reason does not know. (Blaise Pascal)
                          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
                          matter and those who matter don't mind.

                          On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Otto von Schwyz
                          <ottovonschwyz@...> wrote:
                          > All of my SCA e-lists are dead at the moment. My expierence has been that there is alot of talk about a month before Pennsic and communication drops about 10 days before Pennsic, about nothing for the two weeks of Pennsic, and my mail box explodes the week after Pennsic.
                          >
                          > My suggestion to all new members is to go to Pennsic. It is truly an expierence that I will never forget. Plan to shop, go to classes, dance, visit groups from all over the Known World, and if your into fighting, there is nothing that would compair to the main field battle.
                          >
                          > Herr Otto von Schwyz

                        • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                            Gulf Wars was my second event...big enough already...
                            Did not tent either...hotel room...was necessary since I did not have a
                            tent, but also went most of the way on the bus...

                            YIS,

                            Giertrud Gyldenstiene
                            RUGA Provost, Shire of Blackmoor Keep

                          • THL Milica of Varna
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                              While I can see both sides, I wouldn't necessarily discourage anyone from
                              choosing Pennsic as a first event. It certainly does show you what the SCA
                              has to offer. It was my first event as well as my lord husband's. We both
                              fell in love with the SCA and eventually helped found our own shire.

                              There's a charm to the largest and smallest events. Both can be really fun.

                              Milica

                              On Thursday 24 July 2008 13:22, Wolfy wrote:
                              > Actually... If Pennsic is your first SCA event, I feel sorry for you.
                              > Pennsic is a nice event to attend when you are relatively new, but if
                              > it is your first even SCa event, it is a bit too overwhelming.
                              >
                              > ~Wolfy

                              THL Milica of Varna
                              Midrealm Oaken Regional Chronicler
                              Erevnite Asteron
                              Каждые жук и жаба
                            • Trish Mickelsen
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                                Yup, that's me for sure.  So I am busy with my local groups.  We have lots going on.

                                 Hugs & Kisses,
                                Trish

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                                  I have to agree; Pennsic as a first event is a bit big.  But I know a few that did; they didn't last too long after that.  The local events weren't up to snuff compaired to war.

                                  Otto

                                  <ottovonschwyz@ bellsouth. net> wrote:
                                  > All of my SCA e-lists are dead at the moment. My expierence has been that there is alot of talk about a month before Pennsic and communication drops about 10 days before Pennsic, about nothing for the two weeks of Pennsic, and my mail box explodes the week after Pennsic.
                                  >
                                  > My suggestion to all new members is to go to Pennsic. It is truly an expierence that I will never forget. Plan to shop, go to classes, dance, visit groups from all over the Known World, and if your into fighting, there is nothing that would compair to the main field battle.
                                  >
                                  > Herr Otto von Schwyz

                                • Kristen Praiswater
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
                                    Nope not me I couldn't afford to travel, maybe we'll be able to make next year.

                                    Caitlin inghean ui Cheallaigh

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008
                                      I just started coming to local meeting last year (finally paid the dues in
                                      Feb.), fighting practice (as moral support, I don't fight), garb days,
                                      weekly craft meeting, and such, then Wassail was my first event, 12th Night,
                                      Grand Tourney, Val Day, Terp, Baron Wars, Siege of Talonval, Celtic Fest and
                                      final I'm going to Pennsic. Really excited, leave tomorrow for Land
                                      Grab/Camp Set up, then the following Friday until the next week Sat I will
                                      camp. I am 49 yrs old (young) and Siege of Talonval was the first time I
                                      had camped in my entire life! Rained all three days, but I am so luck my
                                      group is so great I had fun in spite of the weather.

                                      I did not sleep at all last night thinking of all the things I need to have
                                      ready for Pennsic, had to get up and put the lists down on paper that were
                                      going through my head. LOL

                                      Anyone going, have fun!

                                      Heidi

                                      On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Kristen Praiswater <spellsinger28@...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > Nope not me I couldn't afford to travel, maybe we'll be able to make
                                      > next year.
                                      >
                                      > Caitlin inghean ui Cheallaigh
                                      >
                                      > --- On Wed, 7/23/08, Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith@...<lovedaia-makeblith%40centurytel.net>>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > From: Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith@...<lovedaia-makeblith%40centurytel.net>
                                      > >
                                      > Subject: [SCA Newcomers] What's going on?
                                      > To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      > Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 4:48 PM
                                      >
                                      > Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
                                      >
                                      > way to Pennsic?
                                      >
                                      > Lovedaia Makeblith

                                    • Tim & Connie White
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008
                                        Have a wonderful time. Remember the key things that make war fun. Drink water, have head gear, have cool garb, have sun block, drink more water, and have some type of baby whips or hand sanitizer. And bring a camera; you will some really cool camp sites, households, and then there is the war itself.

                                        Otto

                                        -------------- Original message from "Heidi Martinez" <heidi.ma2@...>: --------------

                                        wrote:

                                        > Nope not me I couldn't afford to travel, maybe we'll be able to make
                                        > next year.
                                        >
                                        > Caitlin inghean ui Cheallaigh
                                        >
                                        > --- On Wed, 7/23/08, Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith@...<lovedaia-makeblith%40centurytel.net>>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > From: Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith@...<lovedaia-makeblith%40centurytel.net>
                                        > >
                                        > Subject: [SCA Newcomers] What's going on?
                                        > To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>
                                        > Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 4:48 PM
                                        >
                                        > Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their
                                        >
                                        > way to Pennsic?
                                        >
                                        > Lovedaia Makeblith

                                      • wendy brown
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008
                                          Baby Whips????? Must be a rough war.  hee hee hee

                                          ------------ -- Original message from "Heidi Martinez" <heidi.ma2@gmail. com>: ------------ --

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008
                                            "some type of baby whips "

                                            Cuz, ya know, those babies get out of line sometimes... LOL
                                          • Kristen Praiswater
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008
                                              I hope yo have lots of fun and the weather is good this time lolz.  I've been attending sewing class we're making corsets, my son is involved in youth combat, the church we were having our dance and madrigal classes at revoked our contract so we are all in limbo trying to find a place to have that, A and S classes are fun too.  I guess my first event was our archery tournament, we set up at the Renaissance Fair, we usually set up at our Highland Games but coronation is that weekend so they aren't going to  be there this year, I haven't been to a camping event but was invited to one just north of where I live, it's kind of our Pennsic pity party for those of us who didn't get to go this year.

                                              Stuck at home for Pennsic,
                                              Caitlin inghean ui Cheallaigh
                                              M.K.A
                                              Kristen

                                              wrote:

                                              > Nope not me I couldn't afford to travel, maybe we'll be able to make

                                              > next year.

                                              > Caitlin inghean ui Cheallaigh

                                              > --- On Wed, 7/23/08, Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith@ centurytel. net<lovedaia-makeblith %40centurytel. net>>

                                              > wrote:

                                              > From: Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith@ centurytel. net<lovedaia-makeblith %40centurytel. net>

                                              > Subject: [SCA Newcomers] What's going on?

                                              > To: scanewcomers@ yahoogroups. com <scanewcomers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                                              > Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 4:48 PM

                                              > Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their

                                              > way to Pennsic?

                                              > Lovedaia Makeblith

                                            • Kristen Praiswater
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008
                                                Ha ha ha!!!!!!!

                                                wrote:

                                                > Nope not me I couldn't afford to travel, maybe we'll be able to make

                                                > next year.

                                                > Caitlin inghean ui Cheallaigh

                                                > --- On Wed, 7/23/08, Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith @ centurytel. net<lovedaia- makeblith %40centurytel. net>>

                                                > wrote:

                                                > From: Gliowien Rayna <lovedaia-makeblith @ centurytel. net<lovedaia- makeblith %40centurytel. net>

                                                > Subject: [SCA Newcomers] What's going on?

                                                > To: scanewcomers@ yahoogroups. com <scanewcomers% 40yahoogroups. com>

                                                > Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 4:48 PM

                                                > Boy...it sure got quiet here all of a sudden....is everyone on their

                                                > way to Pennsic?

                                                > Lovedaia Makeblith

                                              • Otto von Schwyz
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jul 25, 2008