Re: [SCA Newcomers] Need help tonight!

  • Mindless Creations Studios
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2008
      As Justinos states, street clothes are fine, or in garb is fine.. either way, the important thing is that you go, and have fun! Most are not sticklers on if you are garbed or not when you first arrive. Enjoy yourself! And welcome to the wonderful world of the SCA!

      What is the event that you are attending, and where? We expect a full report tomorrow of the joy that ya had tonight!

      ~Caed

      "come to the dark side... we have cookies" ~Darth Vader

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2008
        When you get there, go up to troll. If it's busy, wait for a break in the traffic. Introduce yourself to the folks at troll and tell them this is your first event and ask if there is anything special or interesting about the event that you shouldn't miss.
        Don't be afraid to approach people and ask questions or ask for help. A very handy phrase for you is "Excuse me, I'm new, do you have a moment to answer a question for me?" If people are busy, they will politely let you know they are busy. If not, they will either answer your question or direct you to someone who can answer it better.