Re: [SCA Newcomers] Barony device/badge on my tunic?

  • Nicole E. Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
      Hi Gavin,

      You might want to check with your baronial warlord or other veteran fighters of the barony if they put it some where specific to look more unified. Many gropups have specific tabbards they use when they fight.

      I do not think there is a rule as to where you put populace badges, as long as it is respectfally done. SO if your group does not do something specific, then put it where ever you think it looks best.

      Sian
      Atlantia
      ---- "gavin.kinkade" <gavin.kinkade@...> wrote:

      =============
      Hello all,

      I just started fighting in my barony, the armor is loaner stuff, and
      well its not pretty. I am thinking about covering it up with a large t-
      tunic. I have some trim that has the kingdom's symbol on it that I plan
      on using as trim on the shoulders, and the bottom of the tunic, an I
      want to place the barony's populace badge/device also somewhere on the
      tunic. I was thinking the lower right side panel below the belt line to
      place the badge, or putting it up on my chest, on either the left or
      right side.

      Is there a right way or wrong way to display the barony's populace
      badge/device on my garb? I am not squired or affiliated with
      anyone/thing yet as I just started fighting.

      Thanks in advance
      Gavin