Re: okay...im a clueless newbie

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jun 11, 2001
      Hello Chase!<br><br>Welcome, you have come to a
      great place for those questions. There are many people
      here who can and will be more than willing to toss out
      advice.<br>I can start with my take on things.<br>Find your
      local group. I believe you will be in the Kingdom of An
      Tir but beyond that? Check here
      up.<br>Make contact and see how they do things there. Look
      for a member of Golden Key or a Chatelaine. These are
      people who specifically look for and help newer people.
      They can introduce you to others who can help you
      develop garb, armor, a persona, all the good
      stuff!<br>You can do a lot on line. Check the lists under Links
      and News over on the left side of the screen.<br>Me,
      I made some garb and got together some feast gear
      at the local Goodwill store. A wooden bowl, metal
      goblet, a wooden plate, some silverware that looked the
      part, napkin, and so on. A wicker basket to carry it
      all in. <br>For garb, I made a nice T-tunic and sewed
      some trim on it. The great thing about T-tunics is
      that they are pretty easy to lay out and sew and are
      great for either sex. Put a strap of leather or length
      of rope on for a belt and you are ready for an
      event.<br>As to armor, not being a fighter myself, I will
      leave that to others.<br>As you move along, start
      thinking about who you would have been, where you would
      have lived and when. Take a good look around. Do you
      want to be like others in the area or do you want to
      do something different. If there are a lot of Scots
      in that group, maybe you want to be French. Or,
      maybe you will want to be Scots!<br>900? 1500? Maybe
      you want to be late Roman?<br>Being a paid member is
      a good thing but not required. You do get things in
      return such as a newsletter which will help you find out
      about events and such. And having enough paid members
      keeps the whole game going. Some officer positions and
      the like, require membership so eventually you may
      need a membership anyway.<br>So try the Links and News
      sites and we will hope an An Tiran speaks up. Feel free
      to ask ANY questions here. It doesn't matter if
      someone already asked the same question sometime, that is
      what we are here for!<br>Kathryn
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003