Re: [SCA Newcomers] castle

  • Trina
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 2 10:52 PM
      Ok now for a lurkers opinion...
      I have always wanted to do this also and so here is just a cool idea
      I had make it with a mote around it that could double as a swimming
      pool. Also just some info to look into... Plainville Ks is a small
      north central town that is giving away land and has a 5 year tax plan
      to incourage building and growth.

      Fort Hays State University is just 30 miles south in Hays and the
      area's Shire is Westumbria (Great Bend/ Hays KS) Just some info you
      might want to seriously check into and if seriously interested my
      brother owns and opperates an electrical company in the area and
      could give you all kinds of info on building codes, general
      contractors and area builders.
      YIS Caitriona ingen Faelan (Shire of Westumbria Calontir)

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, paula graham <pjfivekids@...>
      wrote:

      > thanks for the idea!

    • Veronica
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 2 11:59 PM
        Ok, now that everyone else has chimed in I might add my own opinion.
        Of all the random places you might find a castle, there are two states
        (ok 3 but the last is extremely cost prohibitive) that would be really
        neat to build a castle in, and I might add have few building
        regulation in the unincorporated areas PLUS cheap land. Those are
        Alaska, and Montana. Both have large tourism bases, and I know the
        two main SCA groups in AK might be interested, ok one because we've
        talked about hypotheticals... Any way I think its an awesome idea no
        matter where it's built and would get a lot of visitation, and likely
        employees.

        Lady Veronica of Winters Gate

      • eowynesque2b@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 3 8:46 AM
          I was thinking Calontir really needs a castle !!!

          In Webster County in Missouri they voted again last year to NOT adopt any building codes anywhere in the county....we're really still a bunch of hippies out here...LOL

          Andrea in Calontir, Shire of Oakheart