Re: [SCA Newcomers] castle

  • eowynesque2b@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1, 2008
      building codes vary by county...so after you pick a state, then you'll have
      to go to the exact county and look into their individual county codes.

      In a message dated 7/1/2008 11:54:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      pjfivekids@... writes:

      i'm waiting to hear back from the states

    • Heidi Martinez
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 1, 2008
        This is a world I have only dreamed of living in!

        You should check out MI, they seem to allow you to build anything because
        the state is always looking for anything that will draw people here.

        Please keep us posted!

        Thank you,
        Heidi

        On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM, paula graham <pjfivekids@...> wrote:

        > ms,nv now i'm waiting for iowa,co,al,and il to write me back
        >
        > --- On Tue, 7/1/08, Eibhleann Kelley <eibhleann.kelley@...<eibhleann.kelley%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: Eibhleann Kelley <eibhleann.kelley@...<eibhleann.kelley%40yahoo.com>
        > >

        > Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] castle
        > To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 10:47 PM
        >
        > Which states do you have in mind? Because I would totally love to do this,
        > (actually I helped my parents build our house three years so I have a little
        > bit of expirence) living in a castle would be the coolest thing ever.
        > Erin

      • Trina
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 2, 2008
          Ok now for a lurkers opinion...
          I have always wanted to do this also and so here is just a cool idea
          I had make it with a mote around it that could double as a swimming
          pool. Also just some info to look into... Plainville Ks is a small
          north central town that is giving away land and has a 5 year tax plan
          to incourage building and growth.

          Fort Hays State University is just 30 miles south in Hays and the
          area's Shire is Westumbria (Great Bend/ Hays KS) Just some info you
          might want to seriously check into and if seriously interested my
          brother owns and opperates an electrical company in the area and
          could give you all kinds of info on building codes, general
          contractors and area builders.
          YIS Caitriona ingen Faelan (Shire of Westumbria Calontir)

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, paula graham <pjfivekids@...>
          wrote:

          > thanks for the idea!

        • Veronica
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 2, 2008
            Ok, now that everyone else has chimed in I might add my own opinion.
            Of all the random places you might find a castle, there are two states
            (ok 3 but the last is extremely cost prohibitive) that would be really
            neat to build a castle in, and I might add have few building
            regulation in the unincorporated areas PLUS cheap land. Those are
            Alaska, and Montana. Both have large tourism bases, and I know the
            two main SCA groups in AK might be interested, ok one because we've
            talked about hypotheticals... Any way I think its an awesome idea no
            matter where it's built and would get a lot of visitation, and likely
            employees.

            Lady Veronica of Winters Gate

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 3, 2008
              I was thinking Calontir really needs a castle !!!

              In Webster County in Missouri they voted again last year to NOT adopt any building codes anywhere in the county....we're really still a bunch of hippies out here...LOL

              Andrea in Calontir, Shire of Oakheart