Re: Re:research/name

  • k_towery
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jun 11, 2001
      Kathryn,<br><br>You would be correct on the last
      name. After digging around, I did find that the surname
      Grymdale was from the town of Chesham. Then when I did a
      little research on Chesham, I found that it was a small
      market town based close to what is now known as Chess
      Valley (valley=dale?), so it would be quite possible
      that is the valley or dale that was referred to as
      being bleak. Maybe a drought occurred at some point and
      hence its name. <br>As for the first name, the only
      thing I have been able to determine was that it comes
      from Kent. But I would be forever gratful for any help
      that you could supply or any other insight that you
      might have.<br><br>Kevin
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003