Re: [SCA Newcomers] finally getting around to joining SCA

  • Jibra'il `Attar
    Message 1 of 64 , Jun 27, 2008
      Andrea:
      > I just HATE to wear things on my head.....and I've not really found a time
      > period where the women left their heads uncovered.

      I have the same problem. I am not fond of having things on my head
      either, and yet I'm portraying a Persian persona where having your
      head left uncovered (unless you're in the hamman [bathhouse]) is
      highly frowned upon in the culture.

      Which is part of the reason why I'm playing more and more with the
      idea that I'm a refugee from Persia now residing in the foreign lands
      of Calontir. That way I can still play with the parts of the Persian
      culture I love (ie: the garb [sans hats]) without feeling completely
      blasphemous about it. *heh*

      If you make it up to Coronation, I would love to sit and chat about
      persona and persona development; it's one of my favorite topics to
      mull over. And if I can hunt down a few other persona development
      buffs, we could have one heck of a conversation going!

      Jibra'il `Attar
      Shire of Deodar
      Kingdom of Calontir
    • Giertrud Gyldenstierne