Re: Re:research/name

  • k_towery
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jun 8, 2001
      Not trying to bring up an old subject, but
      thought I would use the same string since it is already
      out there. <br><br>At the moment I have pieced
      together the name of Cyriac Grymsdale. Far as I know of it
      would be a semi-correct name from the same period, but
      when I mentioned it to my Chatelaine she asked me what
      did it mean? Well (from the websites which I'll list
      below) the name doesn't have a meaning (such as
      destroyer of giants for example.<br>I have sent the name
      off to my herald to ask for their advice, but they
      don't check their email that often so I thought I would
      put it out here. So I guess my question or questions
      are:<br>How would you go about finding a meaning for an
      English name?<br>Do you have to have a meaning for the
      name? (I don't think but thought I'd
      ask)<br><br><a href=http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/brasses/men.html target=new>http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/brasses/men.html</a><br>(Got the first name from
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003