Fabric for Chair Cover (was Re: [SCA Newcomers] decorating items)

  • Sebhdann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
      What types of fabric are usual for chair covers? Cotton and linen seem the
      most likely, but since I'm mostly clueless about all thing fiber-related,
      guidance from the more-knowing would great.

      I have a typical 'camp chair' the kind that collapses into vertical bundle
      of rods and canvas and stuffed into a carrying 'tube.'

      --
      Sebhdann ingen Cinaedha
      Shire of Wyewood, An Tir

      *mka Sue V.*

      On 6/10/08, tudorpot@... <tudorpot@...> wrote:

      > I am going to be making a cover for my mundane chair and was
      > considering making some appliques to decorate them. What are the
      > rules about use of symbols on the arms of Canton, Baron, Kingdom? I
      > am guessing that I can't duplicate the arms.
      >
      > Freda

    • Justinos Tekton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
        On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 18:18 -0700, Sebhdann wrote:
        > What types of fabric are usual for chair covers? Cotton and linen
        > seem the
        > most likely, but since I'm mostly clueless about all thing
        > fiber-related,
        > guidance from the more-knowing would great.

        I'd consider something like trigger poplin or a lightweight canvas.

        Kind regards,

        Justinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>
      • tudorpot@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2008
          I'm using some old curtains- plain green poly cotton- as I'm not
          wearing it, the fabric doesn't need to 'breathe'. don't want to spend
          a lot of money on this- If I get really into this- I will probably
          make a more appropriate chair.

          Freda