decorating items

  • tudorpot@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2008
      I am going to be making a cover for my mundane chair and was
      considering making some appliques to decorate them. What are the
      rules about use of symbols on the arms of Canton, Baron, Kingdom? I
      am guessing that I can't duplicate the arms.

      Freda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2008
        In a message dated 6/10/2008 11:31:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        tudorpot@... writes:

        <<I am going to be making a cover for my mundane chair and was
        considering making some appliques to decorate them. What are the
        rules about use of symbols on the arms of Canton, Baron, Kingdom? I
        am guessing that I can't duplicate the arms.>>

        Good for you for making the effort to cover your chair!

        You are correct that it wouldn't be appropriate to use the arms of a group.
        Those arms signify one of two things - either the head of that group (the
        seneschal, baron or king) is present, or the item so marked belongs to that
        person or the group itself. Many groups, however, have an alternate piece of
        heraldry called a badge which is specifically for their subjects to use on
        stuff. In the East, the badge is a blue, very stylized medieval tiger, while the
        arms of the East are purple with a gold crown and gold and green laurel
        leaves on it. You could check the group web sites to see if your barony or
        kingdom have something similar.

        Lancaster, PA

        2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)

      • Staycy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2008
          Freda,

          I am very interested in your project of covering the camping chairs and
          I just might consider following in your footsteps. Could you please
          let me know more about your project? Do you know what it will look
          like when you finish or is this a work in progress? Are there any
          pictures that you are going by? Please let me know.

          Hesper from Ardanroe

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "tudorpot@..." <tudorpot@...>

        • tudorpot@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2008
            Will do. I found a site with some directions. I'm using some old
            curtain panels that have been sitting in a closet for years.

            http://housebarra.com/PastTimes/articles/chaircover.html

            I have a flicker account where I can post pics or perhaps my
            livejournal.

            Freda