Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: NUB IN Georgia

  • eowynesque2b@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 24, 2008
      I am also a Newbie....but I have friends that have been in the SCA for
      nearly 20 years in the Atlanta area...how far are you from there?

      Andrea...in Missouri

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • Susan Farmer
      Message 2 of 10 , May 25, 2008
        Quoting eowynesque2b@...:

        > I am also a Newbie....but I have friends that have been in the SCA for
        > nearly 20 years in the Atlanta area...how far are you from there?

        It's about 30 minutes (maybe an hour depending on traffic NW of
        Atlanta -- IIRC, Acworth is at milemarker 278 -- mm 240 is still
        "downtown" -- the I285 beltway runs from 259ish to 238ish). There are
        some really nice folks in South Downs!

        The first Real Event that I ever went to was in South Downs -- Red
        Tower Tourney #2.

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...
        Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
        Division of Science and Math
      • mike hartman

          Message 4 of 10 , May 25, 2008
            Well....it appears to me that the SCA people love to network...so if you
            need some contacts in the Atlanta area let me know...I'll call her and see what
            she suggests.

            Andrea

            Quoting _eowynesque2b@eowynes_ (mailto:eowynesque2b@...) :

            _sfarmer@..._ (mailto:sfarmer@...)
            Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
            Division of Science and Math
            _http://www.goldsworhttp://www.golhttp://ww_
            (http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/Trillium/)

            Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

          • Maria Buchanan
            Message 5 of 10 , May 25, 2008
              Mike.
              If you go to http://www.atlantia.sca.org/ you will see
              a link that can look up a group by your zip code.
              Lady Maria
              --- tragesser2003 <tragesser2003@...> wrote:

              > Hello all
              > Iam Mike of Acworth GA. Iam looking for anyone In
              > the area. Lokking for
              > a goupe here.

            • mike hartman
              Message 6 of 10 , May 25, 2008
                thanks for the link

                Maria Buchanan <scarlettmb@...> wrote: Mike.
                If you go to http://www.atlantia.sca.org/ you will see
                a link that can look up a group by your zip code.
                Lady Maria
                --- tragesser2003 <tragesser2003@...> wrote:

                > Hello all
                > Iam Mike of Acworth GA. Iam looking for anyone In
                > the area. Lokking for
                > a goupe here.

              • Maria Buchanan
                Message 7 of 10 , May 25, 2008
                  OK just ignore me. I don't read things like I should
                  sometimes. Yes you're in Meridies.

                  Maria