Re: Beginner's woodworking

  • Ruth
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2008
      I am not an experienced wood worker, and I agree that you should
      definitely consult some. However, my father IS an experienced wood
      worker, and makes wooden cutlery and utensils (among other things) as
      far as stain/finish goes, he simply sands and the rubs everything in
      olive oil until it shines, which is not only food safe and environment
      safe, but easy to re-apply if necessary. (And also probably period,
      though I'm just guessing on that one).
      Rose
      Barony of Adiantum
      An Tir

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, P M <ladyellen2@...> wrote:

      > I have a giant tree stump that I plan on cutting into rounds. I'd
      like to turn those rounds into cutting boards. I plan to acquire
      woodchip carving tools to maybe do a semi-fancy boarder. Does anyone
      know where I can go to (website or other) to get basic wood working
      instructions. How to prepare, stain, preserve, etc. And what to use
      to do the previous? As they are to (hopefully) be cutting boards,
      everything will need to be food-safe. Any suggestions would be great.
      I have never done any woodworing at all....complete novice. I am in
      Crystal Lake, IL, Ravenslake Shire. Thank you in advance!

      > Patti (still working on the name)
      >

      > "Tu es responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as approvoise." Le
      Renard en "Le Petit Prince" Antoine de St. Exupery.