Squires & Cadets near Houston

  • Rachel A. Osborn
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 5:44 AM
      I was just wanting to find out who in the area was going. My sister
      and I are trying to attend but would like to not be alone in a camp.
      Sorry if this is inappropriate for the group.

      -Rachel
    • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8 1:54 PM
        Rachel wrote (with Squires & Cadets near Houston in the subject line):
        > I was just wanting to find out who in the area was going. My sister
        > and I are trying to attend but would like to not be alone in a camp.
        > Sorry if this is inappropriate for the group.

        It's not so much inappropriate as likely to be ineffective, especially
        if you forget to say what "the area" is.

        The best place to ask questions like this is on the mailing list for
        your branch (if it has one). I poked around in the list archives and
        discovered that you're in Ansteorra, in "the Portland/Corpus area". I
        think that'd put you in the Shire of Seawinds
        <http://www.seawinds.org/>. They communicate through a Yahoo! Group
        there, with an introduction if you haven't already made contact with
        the branch, and you'll likely find someone happy to camp with you.

        Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        Barony of Bryn Gwlad
        Kingdom of Ansteorra
        <mailto:Coblaith@...>