Re: [SCA Newcomers] OT:My daddy died

    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2008
      In a message dated 5/5/2008 2:25:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      briana.delaney@... writes:

      <<I know I have not been a member of the Society that long, but I just wanted
      to inform people that my father died...

      RIP Dr. Mark Steven Delaney...>>

      Giertrud,

      I am so sorry. I lost my own Dad 11 months ago, so I know how you feel. It
      will get easier, but not for a long time - I am nearly crying thinking about
      my own Dad while typing this.
      One thing - don't hide from the memories, and don't avoid talking about them
      with others who loved him and even those who didn't know him. It hurts, but
      it helps at the same time. It was hard to watch, but I was infinitely
      grateful that I (and my mom and brother) were with my Dad when he passed and odd
      as it sounds, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.

      Lancaster, PA

      favorites at AOL Food.