Re: [SCA Newcomers] OT:My daddy died

  • ann baltrush
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2008
      Dear Briana,
      I am also new to SCA and have lost a parent I was very close to, so I know what you are going through and I am truely sorry for your lost.

      Briana Delaney <briana.delaney@...> wrote:
      I know I have not been a member of the Society that long, but I just wanted
      to inform people that my father died...

      RIP Dr. Mark Steven Delaney...

      Giertrud

      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2008
        In a message dated 5/5/2008 2:25:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        briana.delaney@... writes:

        <<I know I have not been a member of the Society that long, but I just wanted
        to inform people that my father died...

        RIP Dr. Mark Steven Delaney...>>

        Giertrud,

        I am so sorry. I lost my own Dad 11 months ago, so I know how you feel. It
        will get easier, but not for a long time - I am nearly crying thinking about
        my own Dad while typing this.
        One thing - don't hide from the memories, and don't avoid talking about them
        with others who loved him and even those who didn't know him. It hurts, but
        it helps at the same time. It was hard to watch, but I was infinitely
        grateful that I (and my mom and brother) were with my Dad when he passed and odd
        as it sounds, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.

        Lancaster, PA

        favorites at AOL Food.